The unique time management gameplay of the Farm Frenzy series is back in a bigger, sleeker and better package. Fans of the series will feel at home; newcomers can jump right in and enjoy themselves. Farm Frenzy 2 – Pizza Party HD is highly recommended for casual gamers!
I’m a veteran of the Farm Frenzy (FF) series – then and now, and still hooked on the classic FF time management formula.
Farm Frenzy is not called Farm Frenzy for nothing. This hugely popular time management (TM) game series for the PC is all about farm production but with unique game mechanics. You have at your disposal animals and machines to produce “building blocks” of various farm products, and in this case, ingredients for your very own pizzerias! However, you don’t just produce goods and combine them to create more complex products, you also have to contend with wandering bears that drive away your animals.
Just when you thought the massive Thanksgiving holiday app shopping spree was over, this weekend is just full of more surprises and great deals! There are so many to choose from, but here are some handpicked appSIZED recommendations:
1) Shift 2 Unleashed (iPhone/iPad) – Love racing? Love the Need for Speed series? Then you wouldn’t want to miss EA Mobile’s freebie of the day. Yup, you read it right – it’s FREE.
2) Ninjatown: Trees of Doom (iPhone/iPad) – Climb your way to the top, ninja-style, in this utterly charming game kids will also love. The game is FREE for a limited time to celebrate Venan Entertainment’s new game, Book of Heroes for the iPhone.
3) Unlikely Suspects HD: Full (iPad) – Hidden object adventure fans with a penchant for crime solving ought to check out this interesting title from MumboJumbo games, now on sale for $2.99 only. You might want to check out their other titles, such as the Luxor series and Midnight Mysteries titles, which are also on sale.
4) Space Miner (iPhone/iPad) – One of my favorite games, Space Miner HD makes busting up space rocks awesome thanks to its deep gameplay and wicked sense of humor. The fact that it’s FREE this weekend only is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so grab it now.
The stunning visuals, mysterious and complex storyline, elegantly simple controls and focused, one-on-one combat made Infinity Blade phenomenally successful. Sink your teeth into this incredible sequel, and see for yourself why Infinity Blade II raises the bar even higher for iOS and mobile gaming.
The tyrant god-king, wields the extremely powerful Infinity Blade to perpetuate his reign and draws strength from our hero’s bloodline. Infinity Blade was a never ending cycle of fighting enemies and gaining strength in order to ultimately defeat the god-king. In the hotly anticipated sequel, Infinity Blade II, the storyline delves deeper into the mysterious Deathless ones (introduced in the first, via complex route of exploring the game’s secrets) and our hero’s mysterious origins. Our hero seeks not only to avenge the death of his father (Infinity Blade), but also free the Worker of Secrets from the hands of the Deathless, in order to learn the truth about himself and his bloodline.
The latest update to iOS 5 is important for a number of reasons, the primary one being that it lets us users get a taste of how it is to be able to download software updates directly to our mobile device. This means update anytime, anywhere, without PC tethering.
One touted feature of iOS 5 for iPads, iPhone and iPod Touch is the wireless syncing and updating of your iDevice without having to be physically connected to your PC. Back in the day, it was simply a pain to download software updates via iTunes or even directly download the firmware- the perpetually busy iTunes server usually timed out on me just before the update was finished.
Of course, the prospect of a direct download now available on iOS 5 can be scary. A critical question is, how big a file is an update and how fast will it download and install? What about our data? What if it gets lost in the installation process? Having successfully updated to iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone and iPad 2, here are some tips:
Hupa-Hupa! HD offers its own refreshing take on the Angry Birds formula thanks to its colorful look and feel, and twists to the gameplay, with just a touch of whimsy. As far as Angry Birds clones or wannabes, Hupa-Hupa! HD is worth a second look.
Hupa-Hupa! HD is not about birds versus pigs, it’s about elephants versus monkeys. Shooting different types of projectiles (rockets) from an elephant’s butt to take out enemy monkeys is the game here, and you only have a certain number of rockets per level.
In Zombieville USA 2, everything gets bigger and shinier – it’s an awesome sequel that vastly improves upon the original Zombieville USA by offering character and weapon customization possibilities, new and improved game mechanics, multiplayer AND dishing out satisfiyng, hard-core zombie slaying action. All things considered, Zombieville USA 2 is easily on the list of 2011’s best games for the iPhone and iPad.
Mika Mobile is one of my favorite developers. I first fell in love with Battleheart, one of the best iOS games out there, but for avid fans of Mika Mobile, early iPhone sensation Zombieville started it all. Now, the much-awaited sequel Zombieville USA 2, has finally arrived.
There are a number of awesome games on sale today, and here are appSIZED’s top 3 picks:
1) Puzzle Quest HD ($1.99/iPad) – This award winning game is not just about match three, combo and tile elimination goodness,it’s also an excellent action/adventure game with a solid storyline. Don’t let this massive price drop from $4.99 go unnoticed!
2) Gamebook Adventures (All titles $2.99 only/Universal) – If you are looking for an excellent read that’s interactive at the same time, look no further than this excellent fantasy adventure series which puts you in control of the story. Take advantage of the 50% off rate on all Gamebook titles and stay tuned for the upcoming Temple of the Spider God Gamebook, out in November! Meanwhile, here are the gamebooks on sale:
3) Stand O’Food (Free/iPhone) – Time management games fiends, this unique food assembly game is a test of your skills, reflexes and efficiency. Think you have what it takes to slap a couple of burgers and drinks together? Think again.
If I missed anything, feel free to post in the comments section.
Just got my notification email for the pre-order of Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson a few minutes ago (price is $17.99 for the digital copy). However, I’m having problems accessing the store after clicking the “download pre-order now” link. Update: was able to access link and received a notification that all pre-orders have been successfully completed. Download time apparently seems really slooow. I don’t know how pre-ordering the book helped me in this scenario. Figured out the problem – a pending iTunes download was being prioritized over my Steve Jobs purchase. Once I paused that iTunes download, Steve Jobs purchase proceeded smoothly.
Have you downloaded Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson yet? Share your thoughts below!
In case you were wondering, the original appSIZED site now redirects here. The contact form has since disappeared so in the meantime, please email me at enuhiglesias[at]gmail.com — if you need to get in touch with me. For more info, check out the FAQs page as well.
Please stay tuned for updates in the coming days on how to access the old appSIZED reviews. 🙂